:: deal with the Mount Everest of washing that is accumulating
:: hoover the fluff balls and cat hair of the rugs
:: picking up little boys pants from the floor
:: collecting abandoned socks and other items of use in the garden.
:: complete the annual school questionnaire (nothing ever changes anyway)
:: write that overdue contact letter for James' and Alistair's birth parents
:: work on my dissertation
:: read parent council and parent teacher association minutes
:: look for a job
:: play more with my children
But instead I am sitting here staring at the ceiling (cob webs that need removing), wondering where my motivation and energy are hiding (possibly in the pile of washing). I am dreaming about this red granny armchair complete with foot stool and head rest that I saw at Nancy Smillie's last week, imagining myself sitting comfortably with my feet up, admiring that £9200 Joe Hargan oil painting (Harvest Gold) I will never own (it is exhibited at By Distinction Art on Byres Rd)
Could anybody give me a little shake please?
I am such a procrastinator at the moment. Normally, I function with that Swiss efficiency that seems ingrained in my personality but lately, I have been doing things that really didn't need doing urgently. For example:
:: I listened to an entire 12 hour audiobook in three days
:: I have spent hours taking photos of plants and other things.
:: I have read lots and lots of great blog posts.
:: I have watched four episodes of the Great Allotment Challenge
And I have spent a lot of time with my sewing machine. At least I can show pictures of my projects! I made a row of colourful ballet tutus:
I made Birthday presents for little girls. The model for Lana's tunic is no little girl I know, and too big for the tunic, but my only girl is even bigger and the littler boy was too fast and got away. The pattern can be found here. It is in German but there is a YouTube video link for a visual explanation.
After the trauma of having to model a girl's outfit I didn't bother to ask James to try on Lia's peasant blouse. The littler one ran away again. A bit thank to Jo at Three Stories High for pointing me to this lovely pattern!. It is called Polly Peasant Blouse and Dress Pattern and can be found here.
I am also working on pinafore for myself. But I am not giving you the link to the pattern because it is a disaster pattern.
If you are really keen, it is has been published in the magazine "Making", which I never buy but somehow I ended up having a copy of it under my coffee table.
Some of the issues I had with this pattern:
- There is one page of 24 pages to stick together that doesn't fit and some hand drawing is required. Quite a few of the other pages leave a bit of guess work as to where exactly join them because there are no marks to line them up.
- The fabric amount required is not enough, by a long way. I bought 30 cm more because I am a bit cautious and I only managed to fit all pattern pieces on with a bit of juggling and by shortening the pinafore's total length.
- The instructions say things like "place button holes where markings are". There are no markings for button holes.
- The damn thing doesn't fit over my bust even though I measured myself carefully and chose the size that is commonly associated with my bust measurement. Yes, there are no measurements given for the three sizes!
I could go on with all the fun and unnecessary things I have been doing instead of the things that I should be doing but instead, I am going to start the dish washer and eat lunch (yes, I am not good with diets). Then I will probably sit back down and dream some more until it is time to collect the little creatures.
Before I go: a warm welcome to my new followers and a big thank you to all my regular readers, I so love your visits and the comments you leave.
Have a lovely day! Cx