in an alternative future…
As I am typing this, I am peeking over the edge into the abyss where insanity waits patiently, and quite possibly where our student management system lives, too. This has been the worst start of term in my living memory but I am going to leave it at that and instead dream of a possible future in which the student management system implodes and I can retire early and on a full pension.
On a positive note, I am now the proud owner of my very own scythe. It is a traditional hand-crafted scythe that will outlast me and quite possibly the apocalypse. I spent a few pleasant days researching different blades for various purposes, and what sharpening stone I might want to choose. In case you are wondering, I chose a 65 cm standard blade, best for grass and meadow cutting, but useful for more woody material, too. I had 30 minutes today to try it out on. I cut the meadow on a small 2 by 2 metre patch next to the pear tree in the front garden. Although I did I cut the wire of the Christmas lights going up the trunk of the pear tree… I am happy. If you require my scything services and live within driving distance, do let me know.
On another positive note, series 4 of the Chelsea Detective is airing and I am in a happy place for TV watching. The timing is excellent because last week was the final episode of the Great British Sewing Bee.
And finally, Frankie has recovered well from his surgery. He is no less bonkers but he is sweet just now, resting his head on my lap.
Thanks for visiting š


Enjoy that show. I do.
ReplyDeleteYou own scythe? I could never have predicted I would pose that question today or any other day, except for you and the impressive work you do in the meadows. It's great news!
ReplyDeleteI love that you own a scythe. I imagine the process must be rather therapeutic with its rhythmic and repetitive motion. X
ReplyDelete