Jack played with every dog we met. James and Alistair jumped in many puddles. I took lots of photos:
Apart from that, I am looking back on a week with ups and downs. Here some random picks:
- I finished knitting my November sock (watch this space).
- I filled four advent calendars with Celebrations. There will be complaints on days with Bounty chocolates.
- We celebrated Sam's 14th Birthday.
- Richard and I went to the PTA quiz night. We didn't come last but nearly. I drank too much Prosecco. Far too much.
- I received my first pay cheque in 11 months.
- I bought a new pair of shoes and a new family wall calendar with six columns, one for each of us. Most only have five columns.
- I pretended all week that I don't have a dissertation submission deadline looming on the 15th of December.
- Alistair's entire block of speech therapy has been cancelled. I am relieved because of the extra time we have but angry because Alistair really needs help with his speech development.
- I dug the Christmas cards out. I always buy them in the sale after Christmas for the next year.
- We, the PTA (of which I am the treasurer), approved to buy of an entire reading scheme for the first two years of school. We raise a lot of money for the school and mostly use it to buy essential resources like books and smart board projectors.
- I got some exiting results for research project at work. I like being back in the lab. It is a bit scary, I am operating instruments that cost more than our house.
- I worked on Annie's crochet blanket (more on that another day).